Friday, March 13, 2009

The Sacrifice Worked

Well, it was a bugger smuggling a goat onto the 18th green, but it was probably a lot quieter than a virgin, and the end result seems to be about the same - the Gods are appeased!

Today I manage a perfect bogey round on the first 9 holes (45), followed by 47 on the back 9 for a total of 92. Ninety bloody two! Plus 20, and a full 5 strokes under my course handicap. OK, so Tiger Woods wouldn't be impressed (and I am sure, dear reader, neither are you) but....well, it's ninety-bloody-two! And on Friday the 13th as well! Probably the only day of the year I will ever manage such a score.

9 fairways hit, 4 greens in regulation, average drive of 192 metres (with two drives over 230 metres), 5 pars (!) and, most telling statistic of all, average putts per hole, 1.7

I'm happy, even if you did click away from this page two minutes ago...

No comments: