Saturday, November 08, 2008

Qualifying Round

The Vacquerolles golf club championship starts today. There are three mens divisions, one ladies and one mixed/beginners division, and your assignment to a division is determined by your current handicap. Right now, I am languishing in division 3 following promotion from the mixed in August, with a handicap of 30.

There is no championship for the mixed division, leaving three for the mens and one for the ladies. The qualifying round is today, with everyone playing a round of stroke play and the best 8 going through to the quarter finals tomorrow. This is pretty scary stuff for me, golf-wise, but I have a great day, recording a 47 out and 51 back, for a total of 98.

Amazingly, this puts me top of the table for division 3, so I get to come back tomorrow! My handicap also drops to 27 - only another 3 to go and I get bumped up to division 2 (where life suddenly gets a whole lot more difficult!)

No comments: